QUATRO Strategies International Inc. believes the crucial role of transparency and trust when it comes to protecting your privacy and we aim to clearly explain how we collect and process your information. It is important to us that you should enjoy using our products, services and website(s) without compromising your privacy in any possible way.
This policy applies to “users” and “customers” (or “you”) of QUATRO Strategies International Inc. that is anyone ordering, registering or interacting with any product or service from any of QUATRO Strategies International Inc. businesses. This includes event attendees, subscribers, registrants, website users, app users etc.
Collection and use of your information
The information you provide us, and that which we gather based on your activity, helps us to deliver more relevant content as well as create a more seamless experience across the products and channels through which you may access that content.
We collect and store some information about you in order to deliver products and services to you (such as your subscription, or so that you can attend an QUATRO Strategies International Inc. event). We share some of that information with trusted suppliers (including payment providers and postal services) to ensure the delivery of those products and services, or to give personalized recommendations on things we think will be of interest to you. We also collect information when you use our products and services and further details are provided below.
Information we collect
Information you provide us which we need in order to provide you with our services and products. There is certain personal information that we need in order to provide the products and services that you have chosen. Examples of details we may collect in order to fulfil a subscription to QUATRO Strategies International Inc. include:
- Full Name
- Postal address (including postcode)
- Email address
- Payment details
In addition to the above, examples of the details we collect for our events could include:
- Job title
- Work email
Information we collect through your use of our products
When you use any of our online platforms or apps we collect information that helps us to deliver the service you have chosen and to improve your experience. This is done through cookies and other technologies. Examples of the type of information we may collect are:
- Email Provider
- The pages you read on our websites and how you got to them
- IP address
- Internet Connection
- Location (in some cases)
You can also volunteer to disclose additional information which may not be essential for us to deliver a service to you. By providing it you help us to ensure we communicate with you in a way that’s most relevant, useful and engaging for you.
We may collect and ask for additional information when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of our products or services in any way, for example in person, via our marketing campaigns, via phone or mail orders, or our websites and official social media accounts.
Information we receive from third parties
We occasionally work with third parties who provide additional information that you have shared with them, such as your telephone number and postal address (for example if you’ve moved house or updated your phone number and we need to contact you with important service information). Some third parties may also share further information about your interaction on our sites to help us personalize our services to you.
Information we do not track
We do not track or collect any sensitive information about you. This includes race, religion, ethnicity, and political opinion.
How we use your information
We primarily use your information for the purpose of delivering the products and services that you have chosen and to personalize our interactions (including advertising) with you. For further details about this, and other ways we may use your information, please read the sections below.
- To provide products and services
- To fulfil your orders and contracts with us to include our third-party specialized payment providers.
- To manage your access to our online content and apps, and to send you content via push notifications, newsletters, mail subscriptions if you have requested us to do so.
- To send you service notifications related to your product or service such as subscription renewal notifications, password resets and order confirmations.
- To manage customer service queries and complaints.
- To manage your privacy preferences and to ensure you only receive communications that you have requested, which may include using your details to suppress you from communications.
- To send you administrative emails about your account, reminders for upcoming events, service changes, or new policies. These updates, changes and notifications are essential for the services that you have selected.
- To provide general location-based services (e.g. the region or country you are in), advertising or search results for our content.
- To detect and reduce fraud including fraudulent orders.
- To prevent users from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our site.
- To run competitions, prize draws and promotions or if you agree to be a speaker or contributor at, or in, one of our events. In these cases, subject to any specific terms QUATRO Strategies International Inc. agrees with you separately, you grant a global right to QUATRO Strategies International Inc.to use your name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in all media now known or discovered afterwards and on the internet.
To deliver marketing and advertising
We need your consent to use your information for some specific purposes such as marketing, brand response communications and personalized advertising. Ways in which we will use your information if you consent are as follows:
- We may send marketing communications via a range of channels including email and push notifications and you can opt out of these at any time. If you give us marketing permission, we may contact you to tell you about special offers and related or similar products or services within QUATRO Strategies International Inc..
- We may pass your information to specially selected third parties who would like to contact you with information regarding their own products and services such as other subscriptions, events or content services. Those parties are responsible for their use of your data and you should read their privacy policies carefully. For more information on how we work with third parties please see the section below.
- We will provide the option to you if you wish to opt-out of such marketing when you first sign up to receive our products or services. You can also update your preferences for your QUATRO Strategies International Inc. subscription at any time. You can also opt out of email marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. This does not apply to important service notifications such as payment confirmations (as covered in the section above) or where we have some other legal basis for contacting you.
- In order to deliver advertising and marketing messages that are relevant to you, we may use the information we hold about you, including details that we collate from your use of our services or third parties, such as more precise information on your location or your company’s profile (ie. company name, company size), to ensure that the advertising you see is of interest to you.
Other uses of your information
Other than where we have asked for your consent, we mainly rely on two other separate bases to lawfully use your information. First, we need to use your information in certain ways to provide our products or services to you, in accordance with our contract(s) with you. In this case, it is necessary for us to use your information so that we can deliver the products or services you have chosen. Second, as described in more detail below, in certain cases, we may use your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, including:
- To measure customer and user response and engagement with our products and services such as online content, email newsletters and subscription offers. This may include sharing your information with third parties who help us to analyze and measure these things.
- To ensure our products (including websites and apps) are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors.
- To help us improve our customer and user experience and to support new product development. We may send customer satisfaction surveys and market research questionnaires (for which we may share your information with third party suppliers employed by us).
- To create audience profiles for personalized advertising, marketing or research and development on and off our websites.
- To detect and reduce fraudulent activity and for other security related purposes such as to help us protect against harassment, IP infringement, crime or other security issues.
- For any purpose required by law or regulation and to verify information that we provide to third parties for compliance and audit.
- You have the right to object to any of the above uses of your information, please contact us if you wish to do so. We will consider all objections reasonably, but there may be legal reasons where we deem that the use of your information is still appropriate. We will explain our decision to you in a timely manner.
QUATRO Strategies International Inc. Publishes content on social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn through both “organic” and “paid” methods to reach current and potential users:
- “Organic” methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they may appear in your social platform’s content, without being promoted or forced to appear more prominently.
- “Paid” methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they will appear more prominently or be shown to users that do not currently follow QUATRO Strategies International Inc. social pages.
- We may place one or more social media platform “tags” on our website in order to better understand how QUATRO Strategies International Inc. may be of best value to you by providing you with the most relevant content available according to what you have chosen to read on our own websites. These tags only record information around events to help us understand if you are registered or subscribed with us, so that we may use your preferences to provide more relevant content and/or offers to you, on social media platforms, e.g. removing subscription offers from your feed if you are a current subscriber.
- We do not have direct access to your personal data on your social media platforms.
How we use your details for audience profiling
To enable us to personalize the content and advertising you see (including on social media), we may use your interaction and browsing behavior or preferences (such as how and what you read on our websites and our apps) to create audience profiles. This is to enable content and message personalization, and in some cases, advertising to be delivered to you or a group of users (an audience) with similar interests to you. This can be done both on our site and on those of third parties. We may analyze your individual information to create a profile of your interests and preferences as a part of an audience. These insights are used to help us make marketing decisions so that we can ensure our messages are relevant to you. There are times we may use additional information available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
You can choose to opt out of our audience profiling activity if you wish. This does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements, it just means that the advertisements you will see are no longer personalized to your interests. Please contact us to do so.
How we work with third parties
In some instances, we disclose personal information to third parties when it is necessary to deliver a service or product, or to help us improve your experience with us, or when we are required to do so by contract or law. “Third parties” include agents, subcontractors, sponsors and other associated organizations. We have in place contracts to ensure the information remains secure and limited in use, and if we do not have a legitimate business reason to pass on your information, we will ask you to give consent first. Some examples of when we share your information are below:
- When you make a payment on any of our sites your payment will be processed by a specialist payment processor to ensure a secure transaction. All payment processors used by QUATRO Strategies International Inc. are compliant with required security standards. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
- When you sign into your subscription account for the business insights subscription, a third-party provider who specializes in online account management will manage your access, including re-setting your password.
- When we send you an email or a push notification, these are delivered by marketing platforms. As part of this service, certain information such as message opens, clicks and formatting are recorded to help deliver the best email experience.
- When we test and launch new products, services or offers, we may work with trusted third parties to support us.
- We also employ third parties to carry out statistical analyses and conduct surveys on our behalf, to support our advertising and content production efforts respectively.
- To provide information for auditing purposes by official regulators.
- To enhance your profile with non-personal information.
- To enable third parties such as advertisers or sponsors to contact you with information about their own products and services that may be of interest.
Third parties who pass information to us
Our subscriptions services sometimes use additional information such as telephone numbers or postcodes from third parties (like list brokers, researchers or telemarketing agents, who have gathered this information lawfully) to help us to contact you with important service updates via phone, digital communication means, conventional post or to help us make marketing decisions. This includes advertising (by us or via advertising partners) to groups of people with particular interests. These third parties may give us access to your personal information, if you have allowed them to do so.
We may also work with third parties to identify individuals who may be interested in our products and services or in some cases our sponsors / advertisers’ products and services. These third parties may give us access to your personal information, if you have allowed them to do so. In any communication you receive from us, through these third parties, we make sure to identify ourselves (and them) so that you know who has access to your information.
Retaining and storing your information
Our Retention policy
We securely store your information, and hold it for as long as we need to in order to provide our services and products to you in accordance with (a) applicable law, or (b) as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us.
We review our retention periods for personal information regularly. If you have not interacted with us in any way, we will generally no longer hold your information after 7 years, although this may be shorter for individuals (you can confirm by contacting us). Sometimes we may need to keep it for longer periods such as tax and other financial regulatory reasons, this would typically be 7 years. We would only keep it for longer than this if we are required to by law.
If you request for us to no longer contact you, for example with marketing communications, we will retain the minimum amount of information about you so that we can ensure we remove you from any future communications. Please note that if you ask us to completely remove all information about you, and you subsequently use our products and services at a later date, we will no longer be able to recognize your previous request not to be contacted, which is why we would keep it and suppress it in line with industry standards.
Storing and transferring information internationally
As the internet is a global environment and we work with third parties across the globe, collecting and using your personal information may involve the transfer of this information internationally, including outside Canada. By using our products and services, you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being transferred in this way, including to jurisdictions outside Canada. We maintain strict policies to ensure all information that is transferred is done so safely and securely.
Keeping your information safe
We take information security seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe.
Individuals under 16
QUATRO Strategies International Inc. does not intentionally, or knowingly, process personal information from individuals under the age of 16. When necessary, users under the age of 16 will be told not to submit any personal details. We will make every effort to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has informed us that these details have been collected.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Why Cookies are important
Cookies help make your online experience more efficient and relevant to your interests. For instance, they are used to remember your preferences on sites you visit often, to remember your user ID and the contents of your shopping baskets, and to help you navigate between pages more efficiently.
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small file, or files on your computer, phone, or other device with a browser to save snippets of text for reference by the website you are visiting. All Cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser:
- Session Cookies– these are temporary Cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. For example, we use session Cookies to grant access to content and enable commenting (things you have to login to do).
- Persistent Cookies– these usually have an expiration date and so stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. For example, we use persistent Cookies for functionality including not re-showing the cookie banner when you’ve made your choice. We also use persistent Cookies to better understand usage patterns so that we can improve the site for our customers.
- We’ve included more details below to help you understand what kinds of Cookies and other technologies we use.
Other technologies linked to Cookies
There are other technologies which can seem similar to Cookies, but are not the same, including pixels and site tags. These pixels or tags can be used to retrieve information such as your device type or operating system, IP address, time of visit, etc. They are sometimes used to create or access the Cookies on your browser but are not Cookies themselves. Only Cookies which you can control will appear in the Cookie consent tool.
What types of Cookies we use and why?
Cookies are grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – these are Cookies that are required for the regular operation of our websites. For example, some Cookies allow us to ensure that people can access the subscription pages in the correct region and language for them, access the log-in pages, or carry out fraud detection and security checks (along with other similar things). These are essential for the website to work properly.
- Functional – these remember your preferences and are intended to make your experience on our websites better for you. For example, a functional Cookie is used to remember your log-in details securely this makes it possible for users and subscribers to return to our sites without having to log in every time.
- Analytics – these Cookies are used for performance measurement to understand things including how many people visit our websites, how they navigate our sites, and what content is popular. This allows us to improve your experience with us.
- Advertising – these Cookies enable us and our advertising partners to serve you with relevant advertisements that we think will interest you (often called behavioral advertising). These Cookies record your visit to our website and the content you interact with and may also be used to manage the number of times that you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us, or by advertising partners.
- Marketing – these Cookies enable us to track your online activity to help us deliver our advertising and to limit how many times you see these adverts.
To ensure compliance with our policies, we also use third party information from third party sources to enable us to deliver advertising. Establishing a particular audience demographic allows us to target advertising based on browsing behavior stored in a Cookie. These sources are validated by the third party, not by us.
We use Google Analytics to understand the traffic to our sites. You can see how Google Analytics (one of our analytics tools) uses Cookie information when you use our partners’ sites by visiting www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, or any other URL Google may provide from time-to-time.
How can I delete or opt-out of Cookies?